Richardson GMP Limited (Richardson GMP) is a leading, independent wealth management firm, serving Canada's most successful families and entrepreneurs. The firm is national in scope with Investment Advisory teams across Canada and over $14.2 billion in assets under administration as of April 30, 2011.
Partnering with GMP Capital Inc., Richardson GMP draws upon the strengths of GMP Capital Inc., one of the counry's most dynamic investment dealers with proven expertise in both wealth management and capital markets. As well, it leverages James Richardson & Sons, Limited's proven experience as one of the most trusted names in Canadian financial services with a legacy spanning over 70 years in providing comprehensive advice and exclusive wealth mangement solutions. Top ranked by the Investment Executive Survey for providing support and service to high net worth investors, Richardson GMP also attracts and invites Canada's most experienced financial professionals to join the firm.
We believe that our strengths and synergies are consistent with the evolving expectations of our clients. They look to us for leadership, best practices, and comprehensive and innovative solutions to grow and preserve their wealth.
Click here to view GMP Capital's fact sheet.
GMP Capital Inc. carries on business through five principal entities:
- GMP Securities and GMP Europe'sprimary activities include:
- Griffiths McBurney Corp. services institutional clients in the United States.
- Richardson GMP provides successful Canadian families and entrepreneurs access to exclusive and innovative wealth management and investment services delivered by some of Canada’s finest independent investment professionals. Richardson GMP Limited’s mission is to be the pre-eminent independent wealth management firm in Canada. GMP Capital Inc. has a significant ownership interest in Richardson GMP Limited.
- EdgeStone Capital Partners, one of Canada's largest independent private capital managers, provides capital, strategic direction and business and financial advice to promising mid-market and early-stage companies.
- Asset management through privately managed funds of GMP Investment Management L.P.
GMP Securities is a member of the Toronto, Montreal and TSX Venture stock exchanges, the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC). Griffiths McBurney Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary, is registered as a broker dealer in the U.S. and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Griffiths McBurney Corp. is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Richardson GMP Limited is a member of IIROC and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).